Working in OZ

Bookmark and Share

VISA Information

Working Holiday Visas (Subclass 417)
Passport Holders between the ages of 18 and 30 from the following countries can obtain Working Holiday Visas:
United Kingdom, Ireland, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland; Italy and France, Cyprus, Malta, Canada, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Estonia and Taiwan.

Working Holiday Visa application forms are available on line at – It is form 1150 that you need.

Second year Visa
This is available to young people from the Working Holiday Visa countries who wish to have a second year in Australia. This may be taken either directly after the first Working Holiday Visa – or they may apply at any time up to their 31st birthday.

To qualify applicants will have performed specified work in an eligible regional Australian area for a minimum of three months (88 days) while on their first Working Holiday visa to be eligible for a second Working Holiday visa. As of 31st August 2015 you are expected to produce payslips and work references if immigration decide to ask for verification of your application. Volunteer farm work or fruit picking no longer qualifies for second visa eligibility.

Work and Holiday Visas (Subclass 462)
This is the 462 Visa and works in a similar way to the 417 – but young people from some countries need to get a form of permission from their government before applying. It is for one year and people from the following countries may apply:

Argentina (cap of 500 visas per year), Bangladesh (100), Chile (1500), Indonesia (100), Malaysia (100), Thailand (500) Turkey (100), Uruguay and the USA (no cap). Couples without children may apply.

The Australian Government Department of Immigration is in consultation with several other countries and additions to the list above will be posted when announced.

If you have any queries please contact the Visitoz office

Tourist Visas (Subclass 676)
This is for anyone who would like to take part in the Visitoz programme but who is either not qualified to apply under any of the visas above or is above the upper age limit. Those on this visa may only volunteer their services; they will not be paid, but will receive food and accommodation.

  • The age range is 18+
  • This visa is for 3 or 6 months only but is renewable in certain conditions.

Even though hospitality work is available in this visa there are unlikely to be many, if any, city jobs available—most of the jobs will be in rural areas or on resort islands.

Student Visas (Subclass 573 or 574)
There are many different visas depending on whether you wish to study at an English Language College or at one of Australia’s fine Universities. Those who have student visas which allow work can join Visitoz in their holiday periods for well-paid work.

The web site for the Department of Immigration is and there is a Search box in the top right hand corner of the Home page which will quickly find you what you are looking for. The 417 and 462 Visas only take a few minutes to apply for, on line, and a few days to be granted in many cases. The visa 416 is sponsored by Visitoz and can take up to 3 months to be granted. Those who wish to live and work in Australia permanently should study the Skilled Migration page of the Immigration web site.

Rural Internships (Subclass 416)
Sorry, we are currently updating those informations. Please contact us for any questions :